Thursday, 29 March 2007

Scratchbuilding tip: Tow Cable

(versión en Español)

If there is a piece from GW I do not like at all, it's the tow cable from the Imperial vehicle accesory sprue.


Here it is a simple way to do your own realistic tow cables, and in nearly no time.

You'll need copper or other metallic wire. I have been so lucky to have access to a power cable with fairly thick copper strands.

I take five copper strands from the cable.

I twist one end with a plier.

I'll use a chuck to clamp the other end.

I will use my trusty low speed IXO to twist the copper wires.

I firmly hold the free end with the pliers.

And start twisting the wires.

I stop once I feel the cable is twisted enough.

I cut the ends...

Now I make a loop at the ends.

Like this:

Now I take a lenght of cable plastic cover.

And cut it lenghtwise by half.

I put one half inside the loop, cutting the excess.

Now I glue it with cyanocrilate.

I use more copper wire to close the loop.

The finished loop. You can wrap the wire we have added now with a tin strip if you want a better finishing.

The finished cable.

This is how it looks once it is glued on the model.

6 comments:

Health Nwes said...

Thanks a lot for sharing. You have done a brilliant job. Your article is truly relevant to my study at this moment, and I am really happy I discovered your website. However, I would like to see more details about this topic. I'm going to keep coming back here.

brightest led flashlight said...

I love your site.What you post is always so cooool so hot and so fantastic.Keep on posting and I will keep eyes on your blog.

bigpenis said...

penis enlargement, penis enlargement pills, male enhancement, vimax
Penis enlargement pills have been proven is the best way to make the penis bigger and effective to increase men’s sexual performance. vimax, vigrx plus, prosolution pills, maleextra

instantinsurance said...

Hi, nice post. I have been wondering about this topic,so thanks for sharing. I will certainly be subscribing to your blog.hcg

Murcha said...

Well I must admit I either don't like it, but what we can do if we don't know any about this stuff to invent a substitute... we must endure the fact and keeping up with the work.
xl pharmacy

saim said...

Your blog is really excellent. It inspires the readers who have that great desire to lead a better and happier life. Thanks for sharing this information and hope to read more from you. Great information…



natural minerals
best naturals
buy curcumin